Operations Centre in South Florida
For its Operations Centre in South Florida, the Solten group is currently looking for a
Business Development and Project Coordinator
Compared to our European business with 10 years of experience and more than 30 full-time employees, Solten’s US branch is still a start-up with only 4 team members and less than 1 year in business. In these few months, we managed to identify several key market niches where our quality of service can make a serious difference, win our first clients and kick-start the sales revenue with a combination of small and large projects.
Building on this experience, the team is now ready to acquire new team members to further develop our presence in the Americas. According to your experience and your interests, we will design a position that will include some or all of the following tasks:
· Public bids: Solten has a strong experience in answering to and winning public bids, both in Europe and already in the US. We provide translation and interpretation services for everyone, from small public agencies or local governments to the United Nations and Head of States. You will be trained to identify the best bids, ask the right questions, prepare Solten’s proposals and follow-up with contracting officers.
· Business Development: Solten offers language and event management services to businesses and governments, and we constantly must identify new clients interested in our service offering. Sometimes all it takes is one phone call and a bit of luck, most of the time it is important to show perseverance, and a lot of confidence over the phone.
· Vendor Management: Interpreters and translators are all freelance contractors, and we cooperate with more than 2,000 of them in 85 different countries. Finding the best match for a job, evaluating their performance and selecting the best professionals require solid multicultural negotiation skills… and sometimes a bit of intuition!
· Project Coordination – Interpretation and Events: Solten manages a variety of events and meetings, and event management requires excellent organizational and multitasking skills: we recently completed a project with 32 interpreters over 3 weeks, with a schedule of more than 250 shifts, 200 hotel nights, 20 flights and airport transfers, so the logistics and organization can sometimes be very complex.
· Project Coordination – Translation: We manage many translation projects that require strong time management, organizational and multitasking skills. Language translation in the 21st century is becoming more technical and Solten is striving to get ahead of its competitors: comprehending the ever-evolving technology and software is necessary to successfully manage projects, and Solten’s dedicated Translation Technology Team in Europe offers great support and assistance.
If you feel that one or more of these tasks would be a good match for you, we want to hear about you!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH:
· Bachelor or Master’s degree;
· Legally allowed to work in the US;
· Excellent level of English;
· Spanish or other language skills not required, but are helpful;
· Strong verbal and negotiation skills;
· Independent and organized;
· Open minded and able to appreciate multiple cultures.
· Full-time contract starting October 1st, 2018;
· Full training to Solten’s processes and tools;
· Competitive salary according to experience and profile;
· 3 weeks of annual leave from the start, up to 5 weeks with seniority;
· Health benefits;
· Dynamic and international working environment in a fast-growing company;
· Real growth opportunities for motivated individuals;
· Great offices within WeWork Lincoln Road, Miami Beach.
If you are interested in this career opportunity with Solten, please email us as soon as possible with your:
· Resume in English;
· Salary expectations;
· Starting availability.